6/06/2010

"Freddy's Bar" Premiers at Brooklyn Film Festival

Oh man, do I miss Freddy's! F.I.B received this note from Donald O'Finn, manager of the former but soon to rise again Freddy's Bar and Backroom which was taken away via eminent domain a few weeks ago, the missive includes words from the filmmaker who is currently living in Madrid.

“Freddy's Bar” The Documentary by Vicente Rodriguez Ortega premiers at the Brooklyn Film Festival:

Announcement:
I recently received this from Vicente Rodriguez Ortega. A film maker and a much loved Freddy’s late Night regular...

_________
"Dear people,

Most of you know that I made a feature-length documentary on "Freddy's", a bar recently, unfairly and illegally destroyed by eminent domain abuse a couple of weeks ago. It was truly a magical and unique place, I will miss forever and ever. Freddy's was a hub of wonderful people, musicians and lovely weirdos. I only managed to scratch the surface what it was, what it is, what it will be because in many ways it's timeless.

The people at the Brooklyn Film Fest decided to accept it and it will premiere in the festival in the beginning of June. It has been edited down to a stream-lined 1h 38h min. Sadly, I cannot make it to the festival due to my obligations in Madrid but Donald O'Finn, Freddy's manager and a fantastic videoartist, will honor me to introduce the film for me. I hope you can make it to one of the screenings.

Well, just to know that i truly miss all of you.... things are good in madrid but one side of my soul is still in Brooklyn...."


The showtimes are:
Wed June 9th at 7pm - Brooklyn Heights theater- 70 Henry Street
Friday June 11th at 6pm - Indiescreen- 285 Kent Avenue, Brooklyn.


More about the festival at the festival website.

No comments: