10/04/2007

Found in Brooklyn: A TURNTABLE!!!!!

While my social and artistic life is nothing to complain about, F.I.B has been a bit underemployed lately, hence completely broke. Looking for work is one of my least favorite things to do in life. I was trudging home yesterday after making the rounds of some god awful self- esteem damaging Manhattan temporary agencies when I found THIS WORKING TURNTABLE on Union Street & Hoyt. Thank you God or whoever! It has a good needle in it too! I've been turntable-less for well over a year. You have to understand, F.I.B owns more vinyl than C.D's. My ex-husband left me with an Ipod loaded with like 5,000 songs but it just isn't the same. I don't do Ipod. I like to be AWARE.

So, for the past 24 hours I have been on a vinyl binge. The Buzzcocks, Bob Dylan, The Fleshtones, K-Tel, Ziggy Stardust (F.I.B's fave album of all time), George Jones, Disco Hits, K-Tel, Slade, The Church Keys (Rest in Peace, Bill Peitsch), R.L Burnside.... I feel whole again.

Now I just need to find me one of them DVD players that everybody else has.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was me, FIB; glad ya'll got it!! i KNEW nobody at the wine bar would give a shit, but wasn't sure if someone else might get there first.

which George Jones?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua3YzTLGDW4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywdnMnPp0z8

it's not "indie rock" but it ain't bad.

THE GODDESS

Lisanne said...

Thank you GODDESS!!!

Mid 60's George Jones if you must know...."The Games People Play". y'know, "never saying what they mean"....