On the corner of Third Street and Third Avenue stands the building that Edwin Litchfield built to house "The Brooklyn Improvement Center" in 1882. Litchfield is the man who is responsible for transforming the then called Gowanus Creek into the Gowanus Canal just in time for the Industrial Age.
If he only knew that the canal would become a multi-hued sewage and disease ridden toxic stew and that his elegant building would be used for nothing more than a place for a demolition company to drape it's vinyl banner.
Karma or Pay Back Time?
Read more about this at ForgottenNY.