10/01/2007

Yeah, I was at the Atlantic Antic too.


Thank the Angels of Rock & Roll Norton Records for seeking and finding yet another great artist that still has it going on, Mary Weiss of the Shangri-La's made alot of people happy on Sunday, young and old. There was an older gentleman who looked like he was going to faint when he saw Mary walking on stage. He told me that he bought The Shangri-La's first record in the supermarket when he was a teen and never thought he would see this day. Anyway, someone told me she was working as a secretary somewhere. Don't know if THAT'S true, but I do know that the Shangri-La's deserve some recognition. I hope Aerosmith paid them well...and ALSO listening to Mary sing, you can hear just where the New York Dolls got their major influence from. A fantastic show.

No comments: