4/14/2008

Sunday Afternoon in Fort Greene

I was at the Brooklyn Flea all day on Sunday, glad that Brooklyn can provide a replacement for the 26th Street Flea Market in Manhattan with a whole lot less attitude. The 10 AM opening is the only quirk. Most flea markets pretty much start at dawn but maybe it has to do with disrupting the neighborhood. The setting is perfect between the Church on Lafayette Street reflecting the school with the Williamsburg Bank building in the background. Check it out if you get the chance and bring cash!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

What a great shot. The light is amazing.
I have not gotten to the flea market yet, but I am looking forward to it.
Did you buy anything?

Lisanne said...

I bought something the first weekend. A very cool red suede wristband with embroidery on it, only 5 bucks! from the people at Metal & Thread who have a new shop in Red Hook.

Last Sunday I was a seller working out of my friend Joe Heidecker's booth. He has been selling out of the Chelsea market for over 15 years and he loved the Brooklyn crowd. He said they didn't act as "entitled". Had a fun day socializing and people watching and making $!