Yes this is an actual bag/ Photo taken in the Coney Island train station.
Another P.S.A! Passing the word on here for another good cause. Brooklyn Art Gym otherwise known as B.A.G is having a national open call for art in ANY media.
In anticipation of Brooklyn’s 111th year as a New York City borough, BKLYN: 111, is a question and dialogue about the environment, urban spaces, and creative process. This is a national call for original work in ANY medium.
In 1898, Brooklyn transitioned from being an independent city to becoming a borough of New York City. Brooklyn, in its 110 years as a borough, has had immeasurable impact on the shape of New York City. Brooklyn is the most populace borough that would qualify as one of the United States’ largest cities, and maintains its own unique culture, art scene, and history. Brooklyn is adored by writers, painters, and filmmakers, and often credited as a source of inspiration. Many would argue that Brooklyn is the “heart of the City”.
1. There is no entry fee.
2. Submission deadline is September 19th.
3. Notices of acceptance go out October 3rd.
4. Work accepted in the show should arrive ready to mount.
5. Work should be dropped off or shipped to BAG Gallery between October 6th and 11th
6. BKLYN: 111 is a fundraiser so all work accepted in the exhibition that sells will benefit The
7. The exhibit will open during the 12th annual A.G.A.S.T studio tours (Annual Gowanus Artist
Studio Tour), a highly attended open studios event held on October 18-19th.
8. The exhibit will close with a fundraiser event on Saturday October 25th.
9. BKLYN: 111 is one of several exciting events being held this fall to benefit The BAG Fund,
including the inaugural fundraiser, Shades of Green to be held at the Center for the Urban
Environment in early November.
Send low-resolution jpegs of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org with “BKLYN: 111” in the
subject field. For additional more information please call 718.858.9069.
Brooklyn Artists Gym is located at 168 7th Street Brooklyn, click here for more details.