3/30/2008

Flatbush Americana.

I can count on one hand the amount of times I have been in this neighborhood. I felt like I was on vacation in another state and sort of like I was in a Norman Rockwell painting. I walked through the area on my way home from Vox Pop in Flatbush (I am going to be in an art show there, details upcoming!). The streets were so quiet, the birds were singing, the flowers were blooming,the houses so big and beautiful. I was waiting for a cartoon butterfly to whiz past my head. Or maybe walk by a lemonade stand. Is it ALWAYS like this or did they slip a mickey into my coffee at Vox Pop?! Camaro on Rugby Road looks like it's in upstate New York! It just seemed so country like!Also spotted when I hit Prospect Park, was the most patriotic 18-wheeler I ever laid my eyes on. And they weren’t even from out of state, the truck company is from Brooklyn!

4 comments:

Chris Kreussling (Flatbush Gardener) said...

Vox Pop is in Flatbush, just across Coney Island Avenue from Kensington. My neck of the woods.

Not ALWAYS like that! Spring is spectacular, as is Fall.

Lisanne said...

I stand corrected Xris!

Brooklyn Beat said...

Tell it, Xris ! Yes, I am nearby, too in Fiske Terrace. Ain't it cool ?

Welcome to the neighborhood, Lisanne.

Kristina said...

i grew up in ditmas park

the 2nd picture

that's "the mayor of rugby"'s house as we called him in the 90's

it was a great place to grow up :)