2/03/2008

Thanks For Coming Out Last Night!

"Instructions" by Triada Samaras
Well I do believe last night's art & music extravaganza was a success! The art seemed to be well received and the bands were all fantastic, as I knew they would be. Apparently it was the busiest night Freddy's has had in a while, the backroom and the bar were packed! The mix of artists, musicians, bloggers and their entourages made for an excellent mix, which was my goal, I was trying to relive the Danceteria (yes I know I'm showing my age & I don't care!) days of the 80's when you would see some arty thing and then see 4 bands that had nothing to do with each other but were all strong. The only thing missing was a DJ playing "Planet Rock"! I had a lot of fun putting this together and honestly was quite shocked when people wanted to participate. As I have learned a lot about myself doing this blog this year I also learned while planning and promoting this thing that I LOVE putting together events. My only regret is that I wish I could pay the musicians what they well deserve for making the evening so special as they ALL were the hardest working bands in showbiz last night.

While on the subject of doing the blog one of the hands down best things about it is that it has helped connect me to a community that I have been living in for so long. I love how the blog lets me brag about passionate and talented people or get pisssed off at the many morons who think they are in charge ha ha, that's why I love Triada's piece so much!!! The party last night was originally just going to be a little art show but then I was told by the management that I also had to book the bands. Then I said, "What the hell, let's go all out!" The blog started in similar fashion with no expectations or knowledge of even WHAT a blog was, I think I knew of only two at that point! And it was supposed to be only photos of stuff I find on the street, a concept which really didn't last that long as it was sort of limiting, and god knows I hate to be limited!

By the way the show is up for a month and if you missed last night, I encourage you to stop by and check it out anytime between the hours 11 AM to 4 AM, 7 days a week! I also will most definitely be featuring some of the work on here this week.
Susquehanna Industrial Tool & Die. Co.Michael from SIT & Die.The Anabolics!
The kid on the TV was the only one holding their ears in the room!
Taken by David Kaplan who also appreciates a good pair of boots, and those tights and shoes are pretty hot too! Les Sans Cullotes!Les Sans CullotesCrowd shot with Joyce Bad Girl Blog Hanson and hubby Dave, I know for a fact that she doesn't mind having her pic up on da blog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisanne, you put together an amazing night!! So much fun. We hope you'll do another one soon! You rock! xoxo
The Anabolics

Kelly said...

Hi Lisanne,
Happy First Birthday to Found in Brooklyn.
What a great night!
That place was hopping!

Katia