7/17/2007

Siren Festival at Coney Island-Saturday July 21st!


I am very excited that the New York Dolls are headlining the Siren Festival this Saturday. Very fitting to have a quintessential band from NYC (often emulated never duplicated!) do that job and play Coney Island this last summer as we know it. I saw the revived NY Dolls twice last year and I have to say the concert at the South Street Seaport was hands down my favorite show of the summer. Even though they old, they still ROCK THE PANTS OFF the kids more than HALF their age! Speaking of kids,The Black Lips are playing too...yeah!

Other bands performing on the two stages from noon till 9pm are : M.I.A., We Are Scientists, Noisettes, Dr. Dog, The Twilight Sad, Cursive, Voxtroot, Matt & Kim, Lavender Diamond, Detroit Cobras and a few others....this festival is FREE!

P.S- David Jo was THE BEST "King Neptune" (2006) that The Mermaid Parade ever had! ( I mean who WAS that guy they had this year? From "The DIscovery Channel"? Puh-LEE-as!!!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back! "one day it will please us to remember even this" was shockingly... excellent? david is still a funny dude-- dunno where all those Dolls songs were hiding but it's cool they showed up at all. (a LITTLE less flash guitar would make me happier but... there's the "all dolled up" dvd for Johnny at his peak.)

wwib

Lisanne said...

Yes, my absence was due to the fact that i was in deep distress about the hooligans running around Carroll Park, not in MY NEIGHBORHOOD they don't (wink). Why I oughta.........